Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Enchanted Tiki Room Bedroom

We are in the process of redecorating our bedrooms (we're all jealous of my boy's Indiana Jones room).

One idea for our bedroom is inspired by Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. With our girls all sharing the large master bedroom, the hubs and I share a smaller bedroom with one window. My original idea was use a lot of bamboo and matting, but I really think it will make us feel as if we are sleeping in a tiny bamboo coffin.

Now I am brainstorming for a more lighter playful 60's feel... especially since the Tiki Room just celebrated it's 45th anniversary. Bright tropical prints and fabrics, some new but feels retro artwork, ceramic parrots like our grandmas might have had on their end tables. Dreamy...

Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room inspired bedroom


1) Anthropologies Finnia Curtain 2) Urban OutfittersMadeline Chair 3) Albuquerque Lighting Tropical Leaf Ceiling Fan 4) Amanda Visell's "Enchanted Tiki Room Birds" 5) DKNY Plum Duvet Cover 6)Ceramic Parrots

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on the TikiRoom design. It reminds me a bit of the Master Bedroom in Disneyland's Dream Suite (http://tinyurl.com/5rpbjy9) The picture there doesn't really show it, but there are some parrot inspired elements in the room and in the "kiss goodnight" feature. In fact, parrots are in a few places throughout the suite. I had the great fortune of going on a tour of the suite, and the elements you've picked out here really reflect the suite's way of doing disney themeing on a classy, upscale level. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LindsayThanks for the comments on both posts, Lindsay! That Suite is AMAZING! I think I might have to do a couple more idea boards before I decide on the final tiki room design. ♥m

    ReplyDelete